Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Machine Builder with a background in Hydraulics and Fluid Power for our client in Medina MN.
This is an introductory manufacturing assembly position, working with consistent oversight by higher classified hourly employees or supervisors, and is expected to work as a team member with other assembly related activities on large railroad maintenance equipment. This role utilizes a variety of technical competencies with primary focus in fluids. Incumbents will have a higher level of competence in fluids, but able to learn skills in other disciplines, in order to efficiently perform essential functions in that specific technical area. Incumbents are expected to perform work assignments in other disciplines at any time, based on the needs of the business.
- Understands and applies shop rules, proper safety and PPE at all times and references MSDS to remain safe
- Understands proper use and care of required tools
- Understands basic hydraulic systems and associated hazards
- Understands and can interpret basic engineering prints
- Understands correct use of angle star and calipers
- Understands how to identify components correctly – size and type of fluid system components
- Demonstrates the ability to apply cleanliness requirements for fluid components
- Demonstrates fluids knowledge including ability to visibly identify and apply proper cleanup procedures for spills
- Demonstrates proper pipe threading to Loram quality standards
- Demonstrates the ability to filter fluid and measure cleanliness
- Demonstrates the ability to clean hoses and tubes
- Demonstrates the ability to independently use all tools necessary for hose and tube installation
- Demonstrates the ability to independently assemble a hose according to Loram quality standards
- Demonstrates the ability to independently assemble and/or form a tube using a manual bender
- Demonstrates understanding of fluids safety, OSHA compliance and lock out tag out
- Demonstrates and applies an understanding of shop rules and job briefing, proper techniques, PPE and MSDS referencing at all times to remain safe
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to interpret and apply MF documents and Best Practice Manuals
- Demonstrates focus on continuous improvement by completing Loram specific yellow belt training
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to follow control process for non-conforming material and redlines
- Demonstrates the ability to correctly locate and gather parts from the parts storage area
- Demonstrates the ability to locate, understand and apply shop order packets and production process flows
- Demonstrates the ability to read and understand standard work documents
This position is considered a safety sensitive role. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5% or more voluntary travel as needed, including international, using any method of
- Regularly able to stand, walk, handle or feel controls, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl, reach, balance, stoop, hear taste and smell.
- Able to lift or carry items between 25 and 60 pounds regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision (beyond 20 feet), color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work near moving mechanical parts in high precarious places.
- Work in extreme cold or hot outside weather and hot, loud inside conditions with exposure to safe OSHA levels fumes or airborne particles.
- Aware of occasionally exposure to the risk of electrical shock.
- Ability to apply average levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.