Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Lead Swiss Machinist to work for our client company located in Bloomington, Minnesota.
To assist management with team/department operations
Role and Responsibilities
· Responsible for effective an efficient set-up and/or operation of CNC Machine tools, receiving daily work assignments, instructions and related documentation from Production Manager.
· Adheres to Nelson Numeric Core values, safety and quality requirements
· Coordinates daily production needs that address safety, quality and productivity.
· Assists with establishing priorities, problem solving and assisting other employees in the department.
· Ability to perform the majority of operations of the department.
· Trains new hires and cross trains current employees on operations and procedures; assures proper and complete knowledge of such training is signed off.
· Participates and notes information for the MRB.
· Communicates with the team and management.
· Assures smooth transition between shifts.
· Provides feedback and makes recommendations for improvements.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 2 years of technical training
· 2+ years of CNC milling/turning experience
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of blueprint reading, GD&T, SPC, mechanical inspection methods and trigonometry
· Strong mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
· Leads by example.
· Thorough knowledge of machining methods and procedures as they apply to work assignments
· Demonstrated ability to perform and inspect assigned machining functions, including complex and complicated processes
· Excellent communication skills
· Degree in technical field
· Min. 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 3 years of machinist experience.
· CNC MACHINE-BUFFERS-GRINDERS