Strom Minnesota has an immediate need for a Industrial Maintenance Electrician for out client in Bloomington, MN. This is a 2nd shift position 2:pm-Midnight, M-F with one Saturday a month. This position is responsible for performing repairs and installation of industrial electrical equipment as well as troubleshooting problems and faults with multi meters and PLC ladder logic programs.
This is a great opportunity for a skilled Industrial Maintenance Electrician to join a stable & growth-oriented company that has been in business for over 100 years! Company offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, employer subsidized 401K, paid vacation and paid holidays.
· Tests circuitry and components using special testing equipment such as multi-meters and mega ohm meters.
· Perform electrical installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of electrical equipment
· Organizes parts, equipment, materials, etc. necessary to complete assigned jobs and checks all available documents that are available.
· Diagnose machine and/or equipment malfunctions and operating malfunctions and operating difficulties and effects repairs and adjustments in a manner which minimizes down time..
· Performs routine and/or preventative maintenance on all assigned machinery and equipment following established schedules or as necessary.
· Performs assigned duties during shut-down periods to ensure all maintenance functions are completed prior to resuming production in the plant.
· Ability to diagnose and perform installations based on PID drawings
· Inspects completed work and performs rework as needed
· Acquire additional certifications and credentials as required for work or career development
· Comply with all safety, DOT, HAZMAT and environmental policies and procedures
· Ability to work overtime
· Ability to work at the Bloomington facility
· Work on/participate in special projects as needed or assigned by Management
· High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree/Certificate in electronics, or equivalent knowledge preferred.
· Registered with the State of Minnesota as a licensed or unlicensed electrician
· 3 – 4 years directly related experience.
o PLC and industrial communication knowledge (Allen Bradley ControlLogix and RSlogix 500 preferred.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand
· The employee frequently is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear
· The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds