Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Field Test Technician to work for our client company.
Hours: 8 – 5pm M-F, Travel extensive (90hr weeks on road)
Pay rate: DOQ (32.50 – 40/hr)
Transformer Field Test Technician – This position requires a service-oriented individual to perform operation, maintenance, installation, testing, and troubleshooting of Transformers and associated equipment. Must be able to manage small to large size projects with good organizational skills.
Primary responsibility will be to perform testing, repairs, troubleshooting, installation, electrical / fluid testing, repairs and fluid services of transformers, rectifiers, regulators, gaskets, and load tap changes.
- Work will require flexible hours, weekends, holidays and nights. Must be available for out-of-town work.
- Valid driver’s license with a Class A CDL is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude and wrenching experience.
- Complete projects consistently on budget and at a reasonable contribution.
- Ability to complete on-site job reports including job safety analysis. Entry level computer skills.
Working Environment: – Employee will be exposed to:
- Extensive travel (2 weeks at a time)
- Variable outdoor environmental temperatures including…
- steady rainfall, fog, snow, and freezing conditions
- extreme heat and/or humid conditions
- Some confined spaces and some cramped conditions
- Chemicals used in the process
- Diesel fumes
Physical Requirements –
- Must be willing to work and/or drive periodic workdays in excess of 12 hours.
- Must understand special hazards associated with high voltage equipment.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions for various periods of time.
- Ability to move hands and manipulate objects easily and skillfully.
- Must be able to climb up and down on ladders at varying heights with fall restraint.
- Must be able to enter and move about in confined spaces and wear personnel protective equipment.
- Ability to sit, bend, stretch, twist, kneel, stoop, crouch, crawl or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- Must display ability to read and understand job descriptions, safety/technical manuals and safety/warning signs. Must display sufficient oral communication skills to be able to give and receive oral safety warnings, instructions, and task assignments.
- Will be required to pass physical, drug testing, background, and DMV.