Field Service Technician (FST) that will be responsible for inspecting and installing equipment, working with contractors on-site for successful installation of equipment and reporting on project status.
Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair customer’s equipment as required.
Perform in-house testing and documentation. This is a full-time salary position. Typical working hours will be Monday – Friday with hours ranging from 7:00a.m. to 5:00p.m. Due to the nature of our business, there will be occasional additional and/or off-hours work required. Extended periods of additional and/or off-hours work will be discussed between employee and supervisor and compensated either by additional PTO or one-time bonus’.
Specific Duties Include:
- Installation and troubleshooting of low and medium voltage switchgear, ATS’s, circuit breakers, protective relays, and control systems.
- Provide technical support for field startups, warranty claims and maintenance contracts.
- Troubleshoot and assist in configuration of control systems utilizing PLC/HMI control platform.
- Travel (occasionally overnight and off-hours) as required to support installation, start up, and maintenance of equipment.
- Perform product testing and test results reporting.
- Assist with redline drawing updates.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with manufacturers and vendor representatives.
- Resolves customer disputes and inquiries promptly to ensure equitable resolutions to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Projects a positive, professional image of the company in all communications with customers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Stays current with product updates and code changes.
- Develops and delivers training on client applications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in Field Service role.
- Experience with programming PLCs and HMIs.
- Understanding of 3-phase power systems is preferred. Power distribution, AC/DC, Voltage Circuit Theory, and practical troubleshooting skills.
- Training in electrical theory and technologies. Understanding of low voltage and/or medium voltage electrical equipment is preferred.
- Diesel Power generation related controls and experience, including paralleled systems.
- Strong background in electrical power including low voltage and medium voltage and experience with most types of switchgear testing.
- Reading schematics and blueprints for power control, automation, and customer technical support.
- Superior problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Other Requirements:
- This position requires the ability to sit, and bend or stand for extended periods of time