Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Estimator to work for our client company located in Burnsville, Minnesota.
This position is a Direct Hire.
Responsibilities and Duties
In this role, you will work closely with the President, Project Managers and the Sales Staff/Account Managers to prepare quotations on casework and millwork projects in a timely, organized and accurate manner. Previous experience with casework/millwork/woodwork estimating is required.
• Work with team members to identify the scope of casework/millwork work required.
• For standardized product lines, develop price quotes utilizing standardized pricing.
• Develop customized pricing as required based on a structured and logical format.
• Estimate installation and shipping requirements and costs.
• Work to constantly improve the estimating process for better results.
• Work with Controller to evaluate job costing results and apply knowledge gained.
Qualifications and Skills
• 3-5 years of estimating experience in the woodworking industry is preferred
• Strong aptitude for reading blueprints
• Basic Microsoft Office skills, proficient in Excel.
• Knowledge of OneNote and Sage 100 is helpful.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Work well as a team member.
• Health and Dental
• 401k with 50% Match
• Quarterly bonus program
• Work Monday thru Thursday with half day Fridays!