Strom Minnesota is currently looking for an experienced Electrical Machine Builders. Positions starting at $22.08 an hr.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PURPOSE:
This is an introductory manufacturing assembly position, working with consistent oversight by higher classified hourly employees or supervisors, and is expected to work as a team member with other assembly related activities on large railroad maintenance equipment. This role utilizes a variety of technical competencies with primary focus in electrical. Incumbents will have a higher level of competence in electrical, but able to learn skills in other disciplines, in order to efficiently perform essential functions in that specific technical area. Incumbents are expected to perform work assignments in other disciplines at any time, based on the needs of the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understands and applies shop rules, proper safety and PPE at all times and references MSDS to remain safe
- Understands proper use and care of required tools
- Understands electrical components and is able to read and interpret basic electrical engineering prints
- Understands the purpose of a quality management system and is able to retrieve relevant standard work documents
- Demonstrates an ability to interpret panel assembly requirements, and install panel components correctly
- Can demonstrate how to terminate wires without having a reference schematic
- Demonstrates the ability to bolt and attach enclosures to machine
- Demonstrates knowledge of electrical tool location, identification, safe use and proper care
- Demonstrates safe operation of overhead cranes and forklift utilized to lift parts while avoiding damage to parts
- Demonstrates electrical safety, OSHA compliance, knowledge of arc flash, and lock out tag out
- Demonstrates and applies an understanding of shop rules and job briefing, proper techniques, PPE and MSDS referencing at all times to remain safe
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to interpret and apply MF documents and Best Practice Manuals
- Demonstrates focus on continuous improvement by completing Loram specific yellow belt training
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to follow control process for non-conforming material and redlines
- Demonstrates the ability to correctly locate and gather parts from the parts storage area
- Demonstrates the ability to locate, understand and apply shop order packets and production process flows
- Demonstrates the ability to read and understand standard work documents
- Work Standards
- Takes Direction & Effectively Executes
- Safety Awareness
- Values Based Leadership
- Technical Learning
- Action Oriented
Education: Associates Degree with Technical Certificate or Equivalent Experience
Experience: 6 Months+ Manufacturing assembly experience – could be a combination of education and experience in fluid, welding, electrical or electronics, mechanical disciplines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Pass all required background, drug and alcohol tests
- Maintain applicable manufacturing and railroad safety training refresher courses
- Able to take, learn and pass all required Level 1 training courses as required by Loram, including periodic refreshers
*Or equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5% or more travel, including international, using any method of transportation.
- Ability to apply high levels of cognitive, analytical, retention and reasoning.
- Excellent communication skills used within any social context.
- Can stand, sit, walk, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, hear, taste and smell.
- Can see up close, distances, colors and has use of peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Can tolerate variable and sometimes extreme physical conditions during visits or inspections of company equipment