Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Building Services Senior Electrical Engineer with a great architectural/engineering company. Ideally work out of Mankato, MN office but can also work out of Minneapolis, MN office. Projects include public, civic, government, municipal, education, assisted living. A minimum of 8 years of experience is required.
* Work either with a team or independently to develop successful projects through clear communication, detailed design plans and cooperative efforts.
* Represent company in a professional and diligent manner at all times.
* Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, design team, authorities, utilities and associated organizations.
* Attend meetings with clients, project team, contractors, as necessary.
* Undertake and deliver high quality detailed engineering design and electrical building services and power distribution systems, including calculations, analysis, schematics, drawings, diagrams, models, specifications and other documents required.
* Review and management of project from inception to post construction duties.
* Utilize good knowledge or relevant codes/standards, regulations, guides and good practice.
* Contribute and assist, as needed by Project Leader.
* Mentor and management of junior engineers.
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related.
* Professional Registered Engineer.
* 8+ years’ experience as an Engineer in a building design engineering capacity.
* Proven ability to design electrical Building Services systems and demonstrate rationale behind proposals.
* Must be strong with electrical lighting design and panel board design.
* Must be experienced with power, low voltage and generator sets.
* Experience of being a Lead Electrical Engineer in project capacity—concept to construction including involvement in construction administration.
* Knowledge and understanding of application code requirements.
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Must be fluent in English.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership and team skills.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines and project deliverables.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work in USA