Are you a well-organized Electrical Engineer with a passion for problem solving who is also mechanically
inclined with experience in a manufacturing environment? Then consider applying for the Electrical
Engineer position with our company, a family owned, custom manufacturer of
electrical power distribution equipment located in Plymouth, MN. The company, with 40 years of steady
growth and product innovation, provides products and services to commercial and industrial customers
throughout the US and Canada.
The Electrical Engineer position will design, develop, optimize and problem solve our custom power
distribution solutions. Electrical Engineers work closely with Sales, Project Managers and Operations for
custom company products to drive results in on-time delivery, product design and new product development.
Candidates must have strong problem-solving skills with relevant experience in applying electrical design
expertise across multiple technologies along with a demonstrated ability to effectively interface with a broad
range of internal and external team members. This person will report to the Sr. Electrical Engineer.
Essential Job Duties:
• The primary function of the Electrical Engineer is to design and develop controlled (released)
drawings as well as the associated documentation and specifications for all company new and existing
• Electrical systems design capability.
• Efficiently and effectively design and create drawings of custom parts, schematics, and products for
electrical distribution equipment to comply with industry standards using AutoCAD Electrical
• Collaborate with other project members in a consolidated effort to meet project estimated costs,
schedules and quality requirements in an effort to achieve total Customer Satisfaction.
• Help develop, generate and update the technical and manufacturing standards of current and new
products to achieve higher productivity and lower costs.
• Respond to Manufacturing Operations to resolve daily design requests/questions.
• Maintain an accurate and up to date customer/project account list with detailed information about all
• Specify material requirements and create accurate BOM’s for projects based on functionality,
availability and cost effectiveness.
• B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering
• 5-7 years previous experience in a custom manufacturing experience or within the electrical
• Knowledge of electrical distribution systems from 480V to 15kV.
• Technology requirements: Competency with use of 2D drafting software (AutoCAD preferred),
working knowledge of 3D modeling software (Inventor preferred) and use of ERP computer system
• Ability to understand the technical needs of the clients through conversational interaction with sales
reps, engineering, customers and production personnel.
• Detail oriented with the ability to create and record data.
• Knowledge of compliance standards and NRTL procedure compliance.
• Knowledge of document control preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret blueprints and schematics.
• Able to grasp new concepts quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to work independently as well as with others.
• Ability to multi-task in an environment of competing priorities.
• Ability to interface with all departments within the company.
• Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Highly organized.
• Mechanically inclined with the ability to use hand power tools as well as the ability to take accurate
• Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
Work environment: The majority of the work is performed primarily in an office setting, with minimal noise.
Up to 10% time may be spent on the manufacturing production floor with typical manufacturing noise.
• Must be comfortable working in a manufacturing, union environment.
• Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach, and move about the facility.
• Vision and hearing are required.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be able to climb, stretch and maneuver on ladders.
Work hours: This is a full time, exempt position working typical office hours, Monday- Friday (with a flexible
start time between 7-8 am).