Strom Engineering Minnesota is seeking an experienced Electrical Designer/Drafter with a solid electrical design/drafting background in commercial power/lighting.
- Electrical design using company standard software programs, quality control, problem resolution, coordination, job communication, job tracking and client satisfaction.
- Provide the power, lighting and systems design services of each project as assigned.
- Plan all projects to optimize efficiency of labor, material, supplies, equipment and tools.
- Keep informed of new electrical codes, technology, techniques and practices.
- Specify materials in a planned and coordinated manner.
- Survey job sites as needed for scope of work and quality.
- Attend project meetings, assign tasks and responsibilities and schedule project design.
- Prepare project documents.
- Prepare and monitor change orders.
- Minimum two (2) year degree in Electrical Design or similar discipline.
- Minimum two (2) years of electrical design/drafting experience.
- Software skills required:AutoCAD required, Revit a plus.
- Good knowledge of the National Electrical Code and Life Safety Codes.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) experience.
- Proficient with fundamentals of power, lighting and systems design.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand electrical and technologies plans and specifications.
- PC proficient: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Effective communication, trouble-shooting and problem solving skills with the ability to be adaptable to customer needs.
- Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in USA.