Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Controls Engineer with a great company located in the Twin Cities area. A minimum of 8 years of job-related experience is required. Competitive salary/wage based upon experience. This position is responsible for the aspects of the electrical/electronic controls development related to design, integration, deployment and start-up.
* Responsible to manage and execute the electrical and electronic controls system integrated into the StatePoint SPLC and FCW product development as the embedded controls platform.
* Execute and manage the deployment of the control platform including panel designs, equipment selection programming, HMI system integration, sequence of control development, programming, testing and commissioning.
* Indirect, direct and subcontracted reports are expected based on project workload and may manage technical support for testing and integration. ‘
* Works cross functionally with R&D, other control engineers and service to determine system control requirements.
* Analyze existing system (unit level) controls and evaluates the suitability of the control elements for the control system using various tools including MATLAB Simulink or other controls simulation tools.
* Develops and documents control algorithms based on control system design.
* Designs the controls systems utilizing control elements (motors, compressors, valves, dampers, etc.).
* works with and manages lab testing of products with control elements.
* Assures compliance of the electrical designs and applications to various codes.
* Interface with customer and other related contractors and consultants during the facility design, construction, start-up and commissioning phases of project construction.
* Engage with a variety of controls platforms including a various industrial grade PLC and CPU components.
* Bachelor of Science Degree or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Controls Engineering or related degree from an accredited university.
* 8+ years of control system development and deployment work experience with industrial or commercial products or similar work.
* Experience with control equipment suppliers including Schneider, Siemens, ABB and other industrial grade PLC platforms.
* Experience working with external controls system and panel designers, integrators and developers.
* Design and integrations of large-scale HVAC/R experience desired.
* Knowledge of HVAC Sequence of Operations, Component Selection and Pricing.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate technically, both internally with various departments and externally with customers, as needed.
* Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Motivated, creative and enthusiastic to learn and ability to work in cross-functional teams.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S.A.