Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for an Electrical Controls Systems Engineer with a great company located in Cannon Falls, Minnesota (45 miles southeast of Minneapolis, MN). A minimum of 5 years of job-related experience is required.
* Support the design of innovative material handling solutions and automation systems for customer locations across North America.
* Design electrical and control systems (PLC based) for automated material handling systems and provide manufacturing technical assistance in the assembly and thorough testing of the completed system(s).
* Field time may be required to provide technical assistance at install and start-up or other field related activities (retrofits, integrations, etc.).
* Ensure thorough annotation of PLC and HMI programs as well as technical documentation of electrical design, machine operation, special components and any other documentation as required.
* Deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years’ experience in electrical design and troubleshooting (3 phase, single phase, AC, DC, servo’s, controls) or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
* System design experience including pneumatic, hydraulic, sensors and electro-mechanical controls.
* Advanced level PLC and HMI programming experience (Allen Bradley preferred).
* Able to read and understand P&ID’s.
* AutoCAD experience for developing electrical schematics (ladder style).
* Other desired skills and abilities: Prototyping, SCADA, Remote Monitoring and Control, Standardization (PLC and HMI logic, vendors, components, drawings, etc.).
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot technical problems in a logical and methodical manner.
* Self-starter, a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
* Positive and professional image, ability to work with all levels of employees, management and customers.
* Valid driver’s license plus current passport or ability to obtain one.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or possess a Permanent Resident Green Card.