CNC MANUFACTURING SUPERVISOR
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating a variety of machines to manufacture parts or products by performing the following duties.
1. Analyzes work orders to estimate worker hours and create machining schedules that meet both internal and external needs.
2. Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
3. Plans flow of materials through department and develops physical layout of machines according to work orders.
4. Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
5. Directs workers in adjusting machines and equipment to repair products which fail to meet standards.
6. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
7. Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
8. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop department or work crew.
9. Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
10. Maintains time and production records.
11. Develops capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost, and cycle times.
12. Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
1. Directly supervises 15 or more employees in the Manufacturing plant.
2. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws.
3. Interview, hire, and train employees.
4. Plan, assign and direct workload for employees.
5. Conduct annual performance appraisals, as well as disciplinary actions, address complaints and resolve problems.POSITION REQUIREMENTS
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Problem Solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; workers well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service responds promptly to customer needs; meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; remains open to others ideas and tries new things. Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Teamwork exhibits objectivity and openness to others views. Gives and welcomes feedback; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Delegation delegates work assignments; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
Managing people takes responsibility for subordinates activities. Provides regular performance feedback; fosters quality focus in others. Improves processes, products; and services. Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Cost Consciousness works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures.
Organizational Support – follows policies and procedures; supports organizations goals and values. Promotes a harassment free workplace.
Judgment exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
Professionalism approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; follows through on commitments.
Quality looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
Adaptability manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Computer Skills knowledge of Inventory software; manufacturing software and order processing systems.
Mathematical Skills ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
Full-Time, hours are dependent upon shift assignment. Additional hours as needed for meetings outside of normal working hours. Position is primarily in the shop, so employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts and the noise level is loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing job duties, the employee is required to stand and walk, see, hear and talk, grasp and reach, lift and move up to 40lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.