Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a Class A Welder for our client in Minneapolis, MN.
Job summary: Under minimal supervision, this position performs complex GMAW and GTAW welding on varied operations where considerable experience is required. Considers type and gauge of material to be welded and adjusts for proper heat. Places metal parts to be welded on fixtures, attaches jigs, clamps, etc. as needed to hold parts in proper position.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs all assigned welding operations in a safe and responsible manner.
- Properly and safely performs complex GMAW and GTAW welding on various types of metal.
- Considers type and gauge of material to be welded and adjusts for proper heat.
- Places metal parts to be welded on fixtures, attaches jigs, clamps, etc., as needed to hold parts in proper position.
- Reads blueprints and other work orders to perform job.
- Ensures quality control of parts produced.
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Completes and maintains paperwork for parts.
- Ensures work is done safely by adhering to established safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains clean and safe work area including daily and regular cleaning of machinery in compliance with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by performing other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Required- High School diploma or equivalent. Preferred- Additional technical training or certification in welding.
- Required- Experience as a Welder or Welding education. Preferred- Minimum 2 years of experience as a welder.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, shop drawings, sketches other production orders.
- Maintain routine records.
- Knowledge of trade tools, equipment, materials, caliper, as well as, methods and techniques used in safe welding operations.
- Strong attention to quality and detail orientation.
- Mechanical capacity.
- Mathematical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Time management skills to meet schedules and time standards, to best of ability as instructed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday 6:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Friday 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.