Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Civil Engineering Designer with a great company located in the Twin Cities, MN area that specializes in providing innovative architecture, engineering, environmental and planning services. This progressive company is owned by employees, spans across four states and has a staff of over 300 professionals.
* Prepare drawings, documents, details, schedules or specifications using programs such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D and ArcGIS.
* Prepare construction documents and records.
* Observes and inspects work performed by contractors ensuring compliance of specs, drawings, code and safety.
* Inspect construction sites for quality and report any variances.
* Determine testing and inspection requirements for the task and perform tests and inspections in a timely manner.
* Assist survey technicians in survey fieldwork.
* Work on several projects at one time.
* Associate’s degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Bachelor’s Degree in an accredited Civil Engineering program.
* Ability to travel to various job sites and office locations.
* Demonstrated ability in the usage of programs such as AutoCAD, Civil3D and ArcGIS.
* Able to multi-task and establish priorities.
* Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
* Self-directed and can work independently with minimal supervision.
* Demonstrated track record of successful past employment.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or authorized to work in USA.