Strom Engineering Minnesota is seeking an experienced Architect for an exciting opportunity in St. Paul, MN. This position will involve exposure to varying project types and end markets including manufacturing, industrial, food and beverage, military and commercial. Responsible for production of innovative, appropriate, cost effective designs, drawings and specifications in his/her discipline for assigned projects. In addition to project design and execution responsibilities, position will take a leadership role in participating in regional industry events, developing relationships with clients and seeking out project development opportunities.
* Develops design concepts, recommends systems and produces pricing and proposal documents and outline specifications.
* Utilizes innovation in design and methods.
* Researches and is responsible for discipline design compliance with proposal/client criteria.
* Establishes Discipline basis of design.
* Coordinates work with other disciplines, including outside consultants as applicable. Performs inter disciplinary coordination check to minimize deficiencies, errors and omissions in drawings and specifications.
* Manages production of a complete coordinated set of discipline construction documents.
* Coordinates the review and checking of discipline shop drawings and submittal data.
* Reviews applicable shop drawings and submittal data for compliance with construction documents.
* Participates in construction inspection to monitor compliance with design intent, construction drawings and specifications. Prepares inspection reports and punch lists.
* Provides solutions to field problems, responds to RFI’s and prepares field order and addenda.
* Leads production and archiving of record drawings and specifications.
* Assists Design Manager with project closeout. Participates in post construction review process.
* Directs technical efforts of discipline staff assigned to the project.
* Monitors discipline adherence to strategy, key date schedule and work plan.
* Prepares meeting minutes and other communications in coordination with Design Manager.
* Projects and monitors discipline project budget and advises Design Manager of budget status. ‘
* Education: Bachelor of Architect Degree
* 6+ years of work-related experience, ideally 3 years as a licensed professional.
* Project experience: Ideally on a variety of projects from simple to complex and from small to large.
* Excellent Verbal and Written Communications Skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Excellent management/project management skills.
* Licensed/Registered Architect preferred.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or authorized to work in USA.