Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced 5 Axis CNC Machinist to work for our client company located in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota.
Hours: 6:30am – 3:00pm M-F
Pay: $25-35.00 hr DOQ
Seeking a 5 Axis machine operator to be responsible for operating, set up, programming, adjustment and trouble shooting.
Set up and operate 5-axis machining center.
- Knowledge of programming or the ability to learn in order to write and edit programs.
- Must be willing and able to start up and/or run multiple machines per shift.
- Identify process problems, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies and contribute to their solutions.
- Assist management in scheduling work through the machines.
- Participate in the process of tooling selection, new techniques and technologies.
- Provide requotes, inform other department operators of project details using written and verbal communication.
- Performs and records inspections for quality. Fill out paper work for signing off the job.
- Maintain an organized and clean work area.
- Suggest ideas to reduce machining hours, and provide hour estimates.
- Support development and implementation of new policies, procedures, equipment, and tooling that will help the department meet daily goals.
Candidate Qualifications :
- Must have experience in CNC 5 Axis machine operation, setup, and programming. (KOMO)
- Experience with G-Code and Solidcam
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and attention to details.
- Willing and able to work overtime.