Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Senior Quality Inspector to work for our client company located in Hamel, MN.
2nd shift hours: 2:25 p.m.to 10:55 p.m. Monday-Friday
Objective: To inspect and test a wide variety of purchased and manufactured parts to ensure compliance with pre-established customer specifications and quality standards. To create and maintain programs for all programmable inspection equipment, including but not limited to CMM, Vision Measurement System, and Surface Profiler.
- High school education or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of appropriate technical training including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing and shop math through trigonometry.
- At least 5 years of related mechanical inspection and testing experience in a close tolerance manufacturing environment.
- At least 2 years programming and setup of programmable measurement equipment (i.e. CMM, Surface Profiler, Vision Measurement System).
- Experience with close tolerances and precise measurements.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with small tool mechanical measurements, CMM measurements, surface plate measurements, optical comparator testing, sampling methods and statistical techniques.
- Ability to work from blueprints, inspection specifications, and written/verbal instructions.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and make standard inspection set-ups.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.