Strom Minnesota is currently looking for a 2nd shift Material Handler for our client in Hamel, MN. The hours for this position are 1:pm-9:30pm M-F. Applicants must be able to pass a DOT Physical, background check and hair follicle drug screen.
To coordinate the movement of materials throughout the company, to inventory, production, and customers while maintaining accurate inventory and a safe work environment.
- General IFS knowledge. Can perform basic tasks and transactions required. (look up on hand inventory, issue shop orders, issue customer orders, transfer inventory, close shipments)
- Operate hand held computer (bar code scanners)
- Process UPS and FedEx parcel shipments
- Notify supervisor of safety concerns as they arise.
- Operate forklift, order picker, and swing reach safely
- Operate overhead crane
- Notify Supervisor of discrepancies as they are discovered.
- Accurately pick correct part numbers and quantities
- Accurately perform stock checks
- Accurately put material away in correct locations
- Receive and pick shop orders
- Pick and Pack customer orders
- Receive and unload incoming materials
- Load outgoing (LTL) freight shipments
- Put Received Parts Away
- Transfer material
- Ship Supplier Material
- Pick Project Pick lists
- Perform Bin Audits/Stock Checks
This position is considered a safety sensitive role. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly able to stand, walk, handle or feel controls, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl, reach, balance, stoop, hear taste and smell.
- Able to lift or carry items between 25 and 60 pounds regularly.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision (beyond 20 feet), color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.