Strom Engineering Minnesota is looking for an experienced Fabrication Department Lead to work 2nd shift at our client company located in Waseca, Minnesota.
This position is on 2nd shift evening shift. The second shift is Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, 5:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. We pay 40
hours for all employees working the required 36 hour weeks.
Pay range: $18-24.00 hr. DOE
1. Assigns duties to meet production schedules using independent judgment, knowledge of
personnel, materials and equipment.
2. Trains and instructs employees in safe, effective work methods and enforces company rules and
handles first step grievance procedures.
3. Plans and schedules work to meet production schedules. Utilizes equipment and materials to
meet defined quality standards in the manufacture of products. Maintains standards for cost, quality,
labor, maintenance, scrap/rework, safety and housekeeping.
4. Sets up and operates hydraulic and/or mechanical press brakes to bend or form metal plate, and
form sheet metal.
5. Required to accurately measure parts with a variety of measuring tools.
This position is for a 2nd shift fabrication lead person.
The priority of this position is to keep the second shift employees productive and on task with duties
prescribed by the fabrication department supervisor. This is a working position and applicants are
expected to perform tasks in the fabrication department when not coaching and assisting production
Previous experience in supervision and fabrication is required and applicants are required to be
capable of reading fabrication blueprints and operating press brakes, punch press and be familiar
with their operation and set-up.
Wage dependent on skills and experience.