POSITION TITLE: Mid-Level Komo CNC Operator
Plymouth, MN Hrs. 2:45pm-1:15am M-Th
DEPARTMENT: Machining Department
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION MAY BE MODIFIED PERIODICALLY TO REFLECT POSITION AND/OR COMPANY GROWTH.
Effectively and independently operates a Komo CNC Funuc Controlled Router based on training certification and industry experience. The Mid-level Operator takes direction from the Department Team Leader in the machine operations and quality processes for the assigned equipment and jobs.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Operational Documents and Systems
- The Mid-level Operator understands the content and application of the Job Traveler, ADA approved Measured Drawings, Cut Sheets, and First Article Inspection Documents.
- Machine Set-up and Operation
- The Mid-level Operator possesses the skills to set up jobs based on Job Traveler information and dimensional drawing information, including written machine operation procedures. The Mid-level Operator is certified in measurement practices and is accountable for accuracy and presentation of First Article Measurements, and In Process Measurements, for approval by the Team Leader. The Mid-level Operator understands the safe uses of the department machinery and supporting equipment including all daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance procedures as directed by the Team Leader.
- Material Handling
- The Mid-level Operator is responsible for the safe handling completed parts and materials and the labeling of pallets based on documented procedures
- Employee Reviews
- The Mid-level Operator will be reviewed for progress and performance on a yearly basis although progress and performance reviews may be presented at any time during the calendar year.
- Process Training Certification
- Employee is responsible for certification of all processes and procedures as directed by the Team Leader and Department Manager. Employee works toward improving and advancing industry related skills.
- Quality Control, Measurements, and Measurement Tools
- Understands and practices and applies the process of first article inspection.
- Understands and practices and applies the process of “viewed quality” and “in process inspection”.
- Understands the content listed on the Job Traveler, Cut Sheet, and Measured Drawings and is certified in the independent use of these operational documents.
- Is trained and capable in the use of digital and dial calipers, protractors, Vernier calipers and tape measures.
- Department Maintenance, Upkeep, & Disposal of Hazardous Materials
- Maintains an ongoing and high standard of cleanliness – ensuring employee safety and creating a positive image for Associates.
- Performs and supports a routine, thorough clean up at the end of each shift.
- According to ADA Safety Policies, properly dispose of all hazardous waste materials in a responsible manner.
- Demonstrates proper use and care for all ADA property.
- Company Policies
- Adheres to the guidelines set forth in or by ADA, State, and Federal mandated policies and regulations.
- Immediately report all injuries, serious or minor, to an ADA Representative.
- Effective Communication, Meetings, and Training
- Maintain professional communications with ADA representatives and co-workers.
- Offers insight regarding the operations of the Machining Department with the focus on continuous process improvement.
- Attend scheduled employee meetings and training sessions as required.
- Appearance and Attitude
- Demonstrates and conveys a favorable image of our company in personal appearance.
- Demonstrates a willingness to accept work direction and new responsibilities, as well as new challenges, with a positive attitude.
- Other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Quality and accuracy of work may be assessed via the use of quality control checks, count accuracy, and training progress reporting methods.
- Production timeliness will be assessed by the Team Leader and Department Manager. Progress will be reported on a consistent basis.
- Employee progresses to increased levels of responsibility and expertise.
- Attendance / tardiness will be measured via attendance records and policies.
- Has held the position of Apprentice Machinist at ADA or within industry
- General understanding of Funuc Controlled Machinery and Router CIM programming
- General understanding of ADA Machining Equipment
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Possession of good math and problem solving skills
- Safety and Hazardous Material training (provided by ADA)